The Perfect Vermont Country Wedding
We’re delighted that you’re considering a destination event at this remarkable facility. Mountain Meadows Lodge has been hosting country weddings for over 30 years - we have an ideal setting for your family and friends to join with you in a truly memorable celebration. The beauty of this lakeside setting, the variety of onsite activities, our responsive staff and excellent food will all add to the
experience of coming together as a group and celebrating your momentous occasion.
"...the necessary ingredients for a wedding day that stops time..."
Below is an overall listing of amenities that we offer as part of a typical destination wedding event.
We'd be happy to discuss how we can customize your event to your particular needs and tastes.
Please send us an email with an inquiry! To do so, please use this quick and easy form: contact form
|Join Our Mailing List for Weddings
Site Rental (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday *)
- Exclusive use of the property (lodge and farmhouse and 6.5 acres) for all activities; amenities include hot-tub, sauna, pool, game room, lake swimming, fishing, kayaking, boating, volleyball, badminton, horseshoes, hiking, cross-country skiing and other winter sports, numerous sit-and-visit areas including fireplace room, great room, music room, TV room, free-roaming gentle farm animals, children’s activities
- 24/7 attention from Anne & Bill and lodge staff to coordinate all event arrangements and guests needs
- Wedding consultation: planning and execution
of your event, contingency planning, itinerary consultation, help with invites, room bookings, and communicating with your destination guests
- Assistance with florists, musicians, photographers, officiators if needed as well as coordination with local vendors for other purchases or bookings
- Coordination of rental equipment if needed: tent, linen, dinnerware, lighting
- Receipt, storage and cutting of wedding cake
- Receipt, storage and distribution of flowers
- Full-service on-site catering
- Bartending with “row-boat” bar
- Fruit and cheese platter upon arrival and refreshments throughout the event in the dining room
- Marshmallow roast (s’mores) and campfire at the lake with luminaries and torches
- Hike (walk) to waterfalls
- Farm animal feedings
- Use of lodge sports equipment (kayaks, canoe, snow-shoes, sleds, lawn games, and the like)
*hourly and daily rentals for functions, other durations and weekday bookings are also available; call for details.
Rehearsal Dinner ideas
- BBQ chicken, ribs, sausage or a combination
- Hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill with all the fixin's
- Roast your own hotdog on a stick at the campfire
- ‘Pasta bar’ (a variety of pastas, meats, sauces and toppings; guests build their own pasta dinner)
- Build your own salad
- Mexican (make your own tacos, quesadillas, etc.)
- Picnic on the grounds
- Homemade pizza or make-your-own-pizza or pizza pick-up/delivery
- Catered meal
Reception Dinner ideas
- Stationary appetizers (example: our signature fruit-and-cheese board)
- Pass-around appetizers
- Green Salad(s)
- Starch and vegetable
- Breads and butter
- Wedding cake cutting with coffee & tea
We will work with you to determine the type of bar arrangement you would like to offer for your guests’ responsible enjoyment. We have a full bar service for inside and outside events.
Some ideas, a list of wines and beers are on the pricing page
- 17 rooms at Mountain Meadows; 21 rooms at The GreenBrier Inn (short distance away)
- Accommodations for about 120 overnight guests and we'll help with arrangements at neighboring inns for "overflow guests"
- In most cases, the Fireplace Suite with jacuzzi hot-tub is complementary to the newly married couple on their wedding night.
- Uniform room rate for all rooms; rates include breakfast with extensive breakfast buffet
Rental of Equipment
Your tent, tables, chairs, dance floor, linens, china, etc. will be arranged for and rented from various Vermont companies by Mountain Meadows Lodge. Anne and Bill will make all the necessary arrangements for your event.
All the other details
Everything you need is nearby: marriage license, officiant, photographers, florists, hair and make-up, favors, baby-sitting, music, wedding cake, shuttle services, churches, etc. Use the links above or give us a call for help.
We'll help you plan for additional meals such as lunches and breakfasts for non-lodge guests.
A Perfect Vermont Country Wedding
A country wedding in pristine surroundings is on many brides` wish lists. There are parts of the country that lend themselves especially well to romantic occasions. Vermont is a state known for its majestic scenery and tranquil landscape. The fall colors in Vermont are legendary. There are many lakes and magnificent mountains in this region. It is natural to gravitate to this state when planning a wedding. A variety of attractive lodges and inns are available for wedding occasions. When it comes to the perfect wedding, there is no place better for holding this special occasion than a Vermont lodge or church. The air is unpolluted and the scenery is breathtaking. A wedding held in this beautiful state will indeed be memorable for many years to come.
Small churches or wedding chapels are available for the perfect wedding occasion. Many lodges offer complete wedding packages that leave nothing to chance. It is possible to rent the entire facility and have the staff exclusively available for the wedding party. The dinner menu will be planned in meticulous detail by the talented chefs at these small intimate inns and lodges. The guests will have all the luxuries that they may require when a top-notch wedding accommodation has been booked. It is possible to book a lodge located by a lake or overlooking the scenic mountains. Because Vermont is beautiful any time of the year, weddings need not be restricted to the summer months.
Indeed, the fall can make for an especially memorable and romantic wedding. The fall months are so delightfully colorful and the air will be scented with wood-smoke. This can often be the most romantic time of the year. Staying at a luxurious and intimate inn will add even more pleasure to this special occasion. Everything is included and taken care of. The meals will be planned and many activities can be chosen to entertain the wedding guests. The bride will be surrounded by her closest friends and family. A Vermont country wedding is always a special occasion. The wedding guests will be delighted to take part in such a memorable event surrounded by the natural beauty that Vermont has to offer. The bride will be assured that wedding planners will be able to plan the perfect wedding every step of the way. While staying in the area, First Choice discount vouchers can offer the wedding party great deals on purchases."
(Staff writers, rebeccaellisgreene.com, Fall 2011)