Attention: Appalachian Trail Hikers
Message from Bill:
As an avid hiker myself, I would be delighted if you include Mountain Meadows Lodge in your plans. The AT crosses the property, so you are only a few steps away from a well-deserved respite. Stop by the inn for a quick breakfast or lunch or even a meal with a Guinness or two.
Bring your AT Passport when you come.
Mountain Meadows Lodge is a wedding venue. Not a hostel. Please act accordingly - here's an example: don't walk through the dining room in your boxers while brushing your teeth. Please do not expect services on the weekends when we are doing a wedding.
- We are an AT drop shipment site. No charge.
HIKER NAME c/o Mountain Meadows Lodge
285 Thundering Brook Rd.
Killington, VT 05751
Expected arrival date. Phone number
- We have free wifi and sometimes a guest computer with free internet
- We offer special hiker rates for thru hikers on overnight stays *
- One person: $59 plus tax - includes breakfast
- Two people (same room): $69 plus tax - includes breakfast
- Add a hiker (same room): +$20 plus tax - includes breakfast
- Tent/Hammock site, or barn loft - $10 person (or sometimes in exchange for some light labor)
- We offer meal service most days
- Extended continental breakfast - all you can eat - $9 plus tax
- Lunch on the picnic table: sandwich, chips, hard-boiled egg, fruit, cookies, drink: $10 plus tax
- Pasta dinner (or what's being served that evening), includes salad and/or vegetable, rolls/breads: $10 plus tax
- There are shuttle and taxi services, and we are sometimes available to do shuttling (mostly 85 cents a mile)
- Gerry Gross [Killington resident, retired] 330-301-7591
- Trail Head Shuttle Service, Mark Shaw 802-477-2048 (do not txt), email@example.com
- Trail Head Express, Chris Burke/L.T.Gourmet, firstname.lastname@example.org, home: 802-875-3403, Cell: 570-250-6496
- Stray Cat's Shuttle, Steve Lake 603-252-8294, email@example.com
- Killington Taxi 802-422-9718
- Gramps Shuttle 802-236-6600
- If you're doing a section, you may be able to leave a car (depends on our event schedule)
* Please note: Services to hikers may not be available on "wedding weekends" or during private functions (retreats, etc.) Book ahead online (add a note that you are a through hiker and we'll adjust the rate) or by calling/emailing or... walk-in - we are right on the trail.
Some links and photos from thru-hikers mentioning Mountain Meadows Lodge:
great photos of loons and the lodge
and I am happy
from Brownie & Souleman who got married here
approaching the Lodge from the AT
taking a zero (or a few)
more from Brownie
Search Mountain Meadows on trailjournals.com for more
When you come by, share your hiking stories or ask Bill about any of his back-packing trips: